Effective on 31 October 2018
Welcome to Our Better World ("OBW"), the digital storytelling platform of the Singapore International Foundation (SIF).
A. What information we collect and how we collect it
1. Registration and use of our site
For the best experience on our website, you can register with us at here.
When registering or using our site, we collect personal data from you such as name, contact information, demographic information, IP address, browser, site activity and cookie information and details of any information via our site. In some cases, you can use third party services to register and/or access your account with us. The exact personal data we collect will depend, amongst other things, on whether or not you use third party services (such as Facebook, Google and Twitter) to register and access your account with us. If you use such a third party service to do so, we will receive personal data via that third party service but only when you have consented to that third party service sharing your personal data with us.
Where you donate via our site, we may also collect personal data from you such as name, address, government-issued identity number (NRIC, FIN or UEN), credit card details and donation amount.
The personal data we collect from you (as described above) is necessary as part of the normal process of operating our service and to allow us to give you access to all of our latest news and events.
We collect personal data when:
- You register, sign up, or provide information or content on our website
- You subscribe to our newsletter
- You participate in our marketing campaigns
- You register for our events or programmes
- You participate in our surveys
- You contact us to share your stories
- You provide us with your name cards
- You participate in our stories by “liking”, “following” and/or commenting on them
- You make any donations via our site
- You subscribe for more information and/or services from our partners via our website
Cookies are small text files that we place in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Our cookies themselves do not contain any personal data. Our cookies may reference the personal data you provided during registration. We use the registration information you provided to contact you if you lose your password or to contact you about updates and changes.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our websites. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. More info about cookies is available in this wikipedia article.
B. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1. Main purposes
The main purposes of our data collection are as follows:
- To allow access to the site
- To create a unique account
- Password reset purposes
- To enable access to story features such as “liking”, “following” and commenting
- To pre-fill forms when you are ready to donate, volunteer or support our stories
- To send you updates to our stories
- To administer and process your donations
- To allow us to send you personalised messages
- To track the impact of our stories and activities
- To allow us to send you our regular newsletter and invitations to events
- Any other reasonable use of the data in the course of doing our work or as part of a new feature of our website
- Where you subscribe for more information and/or services from our partners via our website, to enable those partners to contact you
2. Third party organisations
There are other situations in which we may share your personal data:
- Legal disclosures (e.g. law enforcement, investigation, safety issue, etc.)
- Business transfers (e.g. sale or acquisition of OBW)
In the event of a request for a legal disclosure, we will abide by the data protection statutes of the requesting authority. In the case of a business transfer, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
3. Transfers outside of your country
C. Opting out
If you no longer wish to receive OBW’s newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter. Alternatively, you may contact us by emailing [email protected].
If you subscribe for more information and/or services from our partners via our website, but later decide you want to unsubscribe, you must contact the partner directly and they will be responsible for handling your request.
D. Contacting us
If you wish to contact us about any privacy questions or concerns you may have, please do contact our team via the website (https://www.ourbetterworld.org/en/contact-us). You can also write to us at No.60A, Orchard Road, #04-01 Tower 1, The [email protected], International Involvement Hub, Singapore 238890.
Please contact us at [email protected]rbetterworld.org if you:
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your personal data records held by us.